EU Settlement Scheme: current estimated processing times for applications
Home Office Guidance: Updated 8 January 2020.
These processing times are an indication of how long it will take to receive your decision on an application to the EU Settlement Scheme based on current performance.
Expected processing times
You do not need to contact us once you have applied. We will contact you if we need any further information. There’s no change to your status in the UK while your application is processed.
It usually takes around 5 working days for complete applications to be processed if no further information is required, but it can take up to a month.
Your application is likely to take longer than a month to process if:
- we need to request more information from you
- you’re applying as a minor and your application is not linked to an adult
- you submit a paper application - for example if your application is based on a derivative right to reside in the UK
- you have a relevant criminal record
- you’re a non-EEA or non-Swiss citizen and are applying based on a relationship you haven’t relied on in a previous application to the Home Office
For advice and assistance contact John now.
Member of the Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA) who represent only
the most serious professional lawyers in immigration